The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it. ~James Bryce

A refuge in itself, a story can transform from a creative heap of text into a brand new world

Friday, June 11, 2010

It'd Be Nice to At Least Wipe Your Feet

One of my favorite books of all time is Rene Gutteridge's My Life As a Doormat. I'm actually reading it right now. With its quirky characters and uniquely adorable sense of humor, her books really speaks to me because I can relate to her main character, Leah. She's this fiesty playwright who never really gets to express herself only because she's so focused on keeping the peace and having things simple. she's funny and creative but due to pressure from being the perfect daughter and girlfriend, a lot of resentment and self questioning is caught in there amongst her wit. I love this book because its funny, its blunt, has a twist of romance and self discovery. its just one of those you have to read until its done and then when it comes time to reflect, you simple say "How delightful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment